13.2.08

The cutest british couple i know

We are headed to Montreal again for a visit with my mom's parents, or Nanny and Granddad. They have the most incredible little tiny house filled with magical gadgets and jars of candy and cigarette making machines, and swinging saloon doors, and a scary attic, and dolls that walk in the night, and old tools, and my dads bike from 1975 that my mom bought for $100 and my dad sold for $15 to my granddad. silly guy. I've put dibs on it, and it's just collecting dust in their edward scissorhands garage. WAIT TILL YOU SEE IT. i will try and take photos this weekend. I took Jogee there for the first time a couple weeks ago, and casedog and mariska came too. It's almost like my grandparents are the most famous people i know cause all i want to do is have people meet them, because they are really really fascinating, entertaining, quarky, gentle, british comedians, and they are in love, so so so in love with eachother and it's that kinda love you can see and want and wish and hope you have and will have. and they make eachother laugh, mostly because they got eachothers back ya know, like if one forgets to turn the kettle off, or put their dentures back in, they always manage to get a little giggle out of it. sigh....I can't wait to give them big hugs and drink 7 cups of tea in an hour, and hear granddad tell us stories about his bird(s) that died, and oogle at how strong and old fashioned my graddads hands look. i wish i had a picture of just his hands. he built his house with those hands and held my mom with those hands and im sure cheers a few thousand beers with those hands... they definitely make growing old together look good.




oh my god they remind me of this, their house and everything!

well maybe not that medieval like...but hopefully you get what i mean...

2 comments:

krista zee said...

Check your gmail!

Raymi Lauren said...

HAHAHHAHHAHA

more pictures of everything